Live Music Archival Services
Goals of Archiving Live Music Performances:
- Generally increase appreciation for live music performances.
- Artists may make recordings available to the general public.
- Sharing the music and providing added exposure for Artists.
- Recordings would be available for future production use by the Artist.
- Artists may obtain a high quality recordings of their live performance.
There are many different opinions and attitudes about live audio recording. Live
Funk has a philosophy that live recording should always be helpful.
Album sales and live performance turnout are very important for
Live recordings can be very useful for unsigned artists that wish to
obtain demo tapes without the expense of studio time.
Recordings also may be for the artists reference only. With archival
recordings, the artist may choose which tracks or performances to
All recordings available via Live Music Archival Services are with the explicit permission of the artist and in consultation with the record label, if any.